Blockchain technology has been described as the solution to many problems and a few concern the world of wine, too, in particular with a view to supply chain management. You don’t need to be a tech geek to understand this episode, but just to give you some elementary info: a blockchain is basically a distributed system that uses cryptography and in many use cases like Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies tokenization, i.e., turning data into a token, plays an important role. Cryptocurrencies are fungible tokens, which means each Bitcoin is like another, nun-fungible tokens or NFTs can be used to tokenize something that is unique. This, in a nutshell, is the story behind the news that a Bordeaux winery is using these tokens to sell wine. We will be talking to Flavien Darius Pommier, the owner who is making waves thanks to his approach to social media that has earned him a massive following as well as his partnerships with the rich and famous.
I hope you enjoy the conversation and if you have any questions regarding Blockchain, just drop me a line
Connect with Flavien Darius Pommier:
What we talked about
- His family vineyard in St. Emilion
- Combining the traditional knowledge of winemaking with modern tools of communication
- How he created a large amount of interest in Chateau Darius through the use of social media
- Why it’s always important to try learning from others, especially in an age of innovation
- The alternative to working with regular Instagram influencer
- About working with a real estate entrepreneur and the power of collaborations
- A frustration that stems from successful Instagram marketing
- How blockchain technology could solve a fundamental problem of selling wine globally
- The issues of working with cryptocurrencies and some of the technological elements
- Why the wine always needs to be at the center of all things
- On criticism and reactions to being innovative in a traditional sector
Links and other interesting stuff from the Episode:
Nothing in this conversation or on JollyCellarMaster.com constitutes investment advice or should be considered as such, it is all just for informational purposes. Cryptocurrencies and similar instruments are risky business and you can lose all your investments, so please be careful. Thanks!
Join the JollyCellarMaster on a journey to understand why we love what we love through conversations and great stuff from the World of Wine!