His Facebook profile reads “Jack of all trades – Master of none” Well, not so fast! Addison Rex may be an allrounder since he has been many things in the wine industry, from a cellar rat in a winery all the way up to general manager. He also is the founder at the consultancy Jurassic.Wine and now CEO at wine e-tailer/e-commerce company The Wine Spies, where he is known as Agent Cru, and with a wealth of knowledge on many of the different aspects of the industry, he simply is a lot of fun to talk to about all things wine.
I hope you enjoy this conversation with Addison Rex/Agent Cru!
Connect with Addison Rex aka Agent Cru:
What we talked about
- Why most days he goes by the name of Agent Cru
- The flash sale model in wine and how it works
- Why WineSpies and its flash sale model works so well
- The reason it makes sense for wineries to work with flash sales platforms
- How growing up in a winery has shaped him and his role at WineSpies
- The secret to finding great wines for Wine Spies all around the world
- Crazy alcohol laws in the United States and how it works
- The differences between Old World and New World Wine Regulation and what it means for wine and the money we pay
- His career all the way from being a cellar rat to his own brand at Jurassic.Wine
- His consultancy business and the many facets of the wine industry
- Why label design is an art and what makes an amazing wine label that creates sales
- An enigma as new wine brand and how creative packaging makes a difference
- A selection of great labels and Cru’s favourites
- Technology in wine labels and what the future holds
- The real value of cork and why better technology not always is the better choice
- The best deal he did at Wine Spies
Links and other interesting stuff from the Episode:
Join the JollyCellarMaster on a journey to understand why we love what we love through conversations and great stuff from the World of Wine!