Amber LeBeau is a wine geek of many talents:
She is the person behind the popular Spitbucket blog, has worked in the industry for a long time at restaurants, grocery stores, wineries and wine shops.
Already very knowledgeable, she keeps climbing the wine education ladder, having studied with the Society of Wine Educators and is currently studying for her WSET Level 4 exam.
Following the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, she set up the Virtual Wine Events platform last year, which so far has already listed more than 10,000 virtual tastings, webinars and other online events, and keeps adding daily, so it’s probably fair to say there are few people that know as much about virtual wine events as her.
I hope you enjoy this conversation with Amber LeBeau!
Connect with Amber LeBeau:
Spitbucket blog / VirtualWineEvents / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
What we talked about
- The different elements that make her love wine
- How she became one of the biggest contributors on Wikipedia on wine
- The way online classes and virtual events have developed in the last couple of years
- How the pandemic and the poor quality of online tastings drove here to set up the most popular resource on virtual wine events
- How to make sure your event gets noticed among hundreds of listings
- About what people drives joining a virtual event and the different motivations
- The kind of events that work best
- How to add that special ingredient to your tastings
- The end of the recording isn’t the end of the job
- Why virtual events are a long-term investment
- The value of experts
- Vampires and other stuff to stand out
- The role of Instagram Live
- The future of online wine events and why it’s here to stay
- Why wineries need to be more mindful about SEO and how to do it
Links from the Episode:
- Agne27 (Amber’s Wikipedia profile with links to hundreds of her contributions)
- Google Trends
- Atlas Obscura on Eventbrite
Join the JollyCellarMaster on a journey to understand why we love what we love: Conversations and great stuff from the World of Wine! You can find all other episodes on this page and remember to subscribe to the podcast.